PTI Opposes Military Operation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Without Public Consent

0 0
PTI Opposes Military Operation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Without Public Consent

Peshawar: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) central secretary for information, Sheikh Waqas Akram, stated on Monday that both his party and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government were against any military operation in the province unless it had the backing of the public.

Addressing a press conference, Akram emphasized that PTI and the KP government had consistently maintained their position on the matter. He asserted that if a military operation was deemed necessary due to the security situation, it should first be debated in parliament and discussed openly on the assembly floor.

Akram stressed that operations conducted with public support had historically yielded better results. He urged authorities to consult elected representatives before making any such decisions.

Regarding PTI’s planned protest after Eidul Fitr, Akram revealed that discussions were underway with opposition parties to form a grand alliance. He confirmed that PTI had engaged with Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), Jamaat-e-Islami, and the Grand Democratic Alliance to unify opposition forces for a joint protest movement.

“If all opposition voices unite against authoritarian actions, it will have a greater impact,” he stated, adding that even if other parties chose not to collaborate, PTI reserved the right to hold a peaceful protest on its own.

Speaking about PTI’s talks with JUI-F, he noted that progress had been made, although JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman had expressed certain reservations. Akram said these concerns would be addressed after consultations with PTI founder Imran Khan, who remains incarcerated and restricted from meeting party members.

Akram criticized law enforcement agencies for targeting PTI activists and social media team members, accusing them of conducting raids on their homes. He highlighted the case of Hadir Saeed, a volunteer associated with PTI’s social media team, who was allegedly detained without being presented in court.

“Saeed has been missing for several days, and his distressed family has been searching for him in various police stations without success,” Akram said.

He further alleged that other PTI social media members, including Qadeer Amjid, Saeed Tariq, Farhan Chushti, and Usman, had also been taken into custody by security forces. Akram condemned these actions and demanded their immediate release.

  • Tags:
To comment or like please login first....
Login/Register